From the Link Cellar This Week
Fresh, resurrected, or newly discovered links from across the internet and the dusty reaches of Shift Journal’s archives.
via Steve Silberman on Twitter:
• Loving Lampposts
• Loving Lampposts: Living Autistic | Facebook
• Wretches & Jabberers Tour 2011
• Left-Handedness Loses Its Stigma but Retains Its Mystery
Shift Journal a Year Ago:
• Theory of Mind and Self
• When You’re Up to Your A** in Alligators …
• … It’s Hard to Remember Your Original Objective Was to Drain the Swamp
Elsewhere on the Internet:
• The Social Network, the End of Intimacy, and the Birth of Hacker Sensibility
• Autism, Vaccines, and Community: Straight Talk with Seth Mnookin
• Adolescent Brains: Cause or Consequence?
• The Internet Managed to Stay Up During the Japan Quake
• “I’m sorry that I could not be a friend to Manning”: Adrian Lamo
Lamo says he has Asperger, a mental condition known as the “geek syndrome.” Every time he is asked a question, he has to think about the answer first and then he responds in a monotone voice, always politely, with a slightly superior tone (he asked me why and how I had been assigned to interview him).
Mark Stairwalt on 03/14/11 in Art/Play/Myth, featured | 1 Comment | Read More